The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chicken Based Mains
Chilli Chicken Country Casserole
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 150 mls of Fiery Frillneck Hiss (Hot Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 30gr butter,
- 1kg mixed chicken pieces,
- ¼ cup plain flour,
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- 2 carrots, chopped,
- 125gr kumara, peeled and chopped,
- 1 celery stick,
- 1 potato, chopped,
- 1 cup stock powder,
- 1 cup water,
- 1 cup white wine
- seasoning to taste.
- Heat oil and butter together in a large frying-pan. Dust chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Brown chicken well all over.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add leek and garlic. SautÃƒ© for 2 minutes.
- Blend in remaining ingredients. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with pasta, rice or crusty bread.