The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Todd River Dust
Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
Serves 4 - 6 Print Recipe
- 100 gms of Kookaburra Kackle (Mild Chilli Mango Relish)
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1 tablespoon of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 150 g mung bean vermicelli
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 700 g cooked medium prawns, peeled and de-veined, well chilled
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped Vietnamese mint
- 50 g mizuna
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- To make the dressing, combine the fish sauce, limejuice, brown sugar, mild sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and the Habanero paste in a small bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut into 10 cm lengths with scissors. Transfer to a large bowl, add the peanut oil and toss together well.
- Add the chilli mango relish to the noodles and the prawns, red onion, coriander leaves and mint. Pour the dressing on the salad and toss gently.
- To serve, arrange the mizuna on a large serving plate, spoon the salad on top and garnish with the chopped peanuts. Serve chilled.
Todd River Dust Recipes
- Sesame Tuna and Egg Noodle Salad
- Sweet Oriental Poached Chicken
- Hot Vietnamese Fish Soup
- Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
- Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
- Fish and Peanut Noodle Toss
- Thai beef and Noodle salad
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Bananas in Chilli Coconut Cream
- Gyoza With Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Vietnamese Crepes With Pork, Prawns and Noodles
- Pancit Canton
- Chilli Chicken Turnovers with Smokey Spicy Tomato Sauce