The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Todd River Dust
Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 3 tablespoons of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 200 g dried green tea soba noodles
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 3/4 teaspoon dashi granules
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, cut into half lengthways and thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the noodles and stir to separate. Return to the boil, and then add 1 cup cold water. Repeat this steps three times as the water just comes to the boil. Drain and rinse under cold water until the noodles are cold. Cut into 10 cm pieces of lengths using scissors. Toss with 2 teaspoons of sesame seed oil
- Place the chicken in a non-metallic bowl. Combine the ginger, soy sauce, mirin, sake and the remaining sesame seed oil, then pour over the chicken and turn till well coated. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper. Remove the chicken reserving the marinade and place the fillets in the steamer. Place the steamer over a wok or saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan with the dashi granules, mild sweet chilli sauce, rice vinegar, Habanero paste and 90 ml of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove and cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Place the cucumber, pickled ginger, spring onions and noodles in a large bowl. Cut the chicken breast into 5 mm strips on the diagonal and add to the noodles. Pour on the dressing and toss well. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Todd River Dust Recipes
- Hot Vietnamese Fish Soup
- Sweet Oriental Poached Chicken
- Sesame Tuna and Egg Noodle Salad
- Fish and Peanut Noodle Toss
- Bananas in Chilli Coconut Cream
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Gyoza With Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Vietnamese Crepes With Pork, Prawns and Noodles
- Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
- Pancit Canton
- Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
- Thai beef and Noodle salad
- Chilli Chicken Turnovers with Smokey Spicy Tomato Sauce