The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
Serves 4-6 Print Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 200 gms of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil and a little bit of butter
- 1kg stewing beef or skirt cut into 3cm cubes
- 16 whole shallots, peeled
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ litre beef or chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 8 juniper berries, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt, black pepper
- 2 tbsp crÃ¨me fraiche
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish
- Place the olive oil and butter over a high heat in a heavy, ovenproof casserole. Brown the beef all over, remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, stir in the shallots, garlic and chilli and cook till the shallots are softened.
- Pour in the wine vinegar, stock and balsamic vinegar, raise the heat and bring it to the boil.
- Stir in the spices and sugar, and then add the meat and Redbelly's Favourite (Chilli Beetroot Chutney) season well with salt and black pepper.
- Cover the casserole and put it in a preheated oven to 160°C for 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Take the casserole out. Then mix together crÃ¨me fraiche, mustard, horseradish, and stir into the casserole before serving.
- Serve the casserole with potato mash.
Turbo Supercharge Recipes
- Stir Fried Seafood with Basil and Lime
- Hot Vietnamese Fish Soup
- Hot Chilli Hummingbird Cake with Maple glazed Apple
- Hot Pumpkin, Spinach and Lentil Curry
- Hot Chilli Beef Pho
- Chicken Panang Curry
- Pork Noodle Salad
- Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Lime Cakes with Chilli Lemongrass Syrup
- Chilli Prawns with Garlic
- Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Hot Chilli Chicken Burgers
- Chilli Crab and Papaya Noodle Salad
- Crying Tiger
- Mung Bean Vermicelli With Lamb and Peanuts
- Chinese Roast Duck and Noodle Salad
- Black Grape Chilli Sorbet
- Curried Chilli Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Grilled Chilli Tiger Prawns
- Noodles With Chilli Beef
- Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
- Pancit Canton
- Noodel Nest Filled With Barbequed Pork
- Baby Squid Stuffed WIth Pork and Vermicelli Noodles
- Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
- Passion fruit Blancmange
- Ma Po Tofu With Noodles
- Noodles and Crab Omelette
- Spicy Fun See Noodle Salad
- Double Chilli Chocolate Biscotti
- Beef and Glass Noodle Salad
- Chilli Vegetable Kebabs
- Spicy Pork and Couscous Salad
- Spicy Lamb Kebabs with Chilli Apple Chutney
- Chilli Chicken Laksa