The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Grilled Salmon with Thai Green Risotto
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/3 cup (80mL) of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 1 finely chopped of Thai Chilli Hot
⅓ cup (80ml) ketjap manis (sweet soya sauce) plus a little extra to drizzle,
⅓ cup (80ml) limejuice,
4 (about 150g each) skinless salmon fillets,
3 cups (750ml) fish or vegetable stock,
1 tablespoon sunflower oil,
1 onion, finely chopped,
2 tablespoons good quality Thai green curry paste,
4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced,
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger,
1 clove garlic, crushed,
200gr Arborio rice,
150ml coconut cream,
¼ cup mixed Asian herbs (Thai basil, mint, coriander), plus extra to serve,
1 tablespoon grated lime rind and
Lime wedges to serve.
Mix Funnelweb Bite and ketjap manis with half the limejuice Pour it over salmon and set aside in the fridge.
Place stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
Stir in curry paste, Hot Thai Chilli finely chopped and cook for a few seconds. Add half the lime leaves, ginger and rice, and cook for a further minute while stirring.
Start adding stock, one ladle full at a time, waiting for the stock to be absorbed each time. Continue until all stock has been used. Stir occasionally to prevent risotto from catching.
When rice is cooked, stir in half the coconut cream and season to taste. Remove from heat and cover.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Remove salmon from marinade and cook for 2 minutes each side.
Finely chop herbs and stir into risotto with the lime rind and remaining juice. Reserve a little coconut cream to garnish, and then stir the remaining into the risotto.
Divide risotto between plates, and place a salmon fillet on each. Drizzle with remaining coconut cream, and ketjap manis. Garnish with remaining lime leaves, extra herbs and lime wedges.
Ketjap manis is a sweet Indonesian soy sauce, which you can buy at supermarkets. Asian herbs are from good greengrocers and Asian food stores.
Funnelweb Bite Recipes
- Cheese, Beetroot and Pinenut Triangles
- Spicy Yoghurt Chicken
- Stir Fried Seafood with Basil and Lime
- Sticky Chilli Rice with Mango
- Somen Noodle Salad With Sesame Dressing
- Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Grilled Salmon with Thai Green Risotto
- Roast Chilli Duck With Shiitake Mushroom and Flat Rice Noodle Broth
- Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Spring Rolls With Sate Sauce
- Stuffed Chicken Wings
- Crispy Noodles (Mee Crob)
- Prawn and Mango Rocket Salad, and Chilli dressing
- Chilli Chicken and Coconut Soup
- Chilli Money Bags Served With Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce