The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Fiery Frillneck Hiss
Spicy Prawns Won Tons With Coconut and Lemon Grass Soup
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 150 mls of Fiery Frillneck Hiss (Hot Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce)
- 325 gr raw small prawns
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Chinese celery
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 20 won ton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons tom yum paste
- 3 stems lemon grass (white part only), thinly sliced
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves chopped
- 2 small red chillies finely chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon limejuice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1 To make the prawn won tons, peel the prawns, discarding the heads and tails. Gently pull out the vein from the backs, starting at the head end. Finely chop the prawns until almost minced, and then combine with the coriander leaves. Thai basil, Chinese celery and chopped spring onion.
2 Place a heaped teaspoon of the prawn mixture in the centre of a won ton wrapper and lightly brush the edges with a little of the beaten egg. Lift the sides up tightly and pinch around the filling to form a pouch Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling to make 20 in total. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to chill.
3 Heat the wok over medium heat, add the tom yum paste and cook for 10 seconds. Gradually whisk in 1 litre of the stock until combined, then bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, then add the lemon grass, kaffir leaves, chilli, coconut milk and the Smokey chilli tomato sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the palm sugar, limejuice and fish sauce, Gently adds the won tons to the broth and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the won tons with a slotted spoon and place five in each serving bowl. Ladle on the broth and garnish with the coriander leaves.
Fiery Frillneck Hiss Recipes
- Chilli Chicken Country Casserole
- Spicy Prawns Won Tons With Coconut and Lemon Grass Soup
- Asian Salmon and Bass Laksa
- Shanks with Sage and Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce
- Pasta and Pork in Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce
- Meatballs in Smoked Chilli Tomato Sauce
- HOT Meatballs in Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce
- Chilli Chicken Turnovers with Smokey Spicy Tomato Sauce