The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Lime Cakes with Chilli Lemongrass Syrup
Serves 6 Print Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped of Naga Bhut Jolokia (Ghost) Chilli YELLOW ()
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
100g unsalted butter
¾ cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
1¾ cup desiccated coconut
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
¼ cup sour cream
Chilli Lemon grass syrup
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup water
4 lemon grass stalks, white part only, chopped
Preheat oven to 160C.
In an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and rind until light and creamy. Add eggs and beat well.
Fold through coconut, flour and sour cream and mix until combined.
Spoon mixture into 6 x 1-cup capacity greased muffin pans.
Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
To make the chilli lemon grass syrup:
Place sugar, water, Turbo Supercharge, Yellow Naga Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chilli) and lemon grass in a pan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Increase heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Strain.
To serve, remove cakes from pan and drizzle with hot syrup. Serve with ice cream.
Turbo Supercharge Recipes
- Chilli Crab and Papaya Noodle Salad
- Pork Noodle Salad
- Stir Fried Seafood with Basil and Lime
- Hot Vietnamese Fish Soup
- Hot Chilli Hummingbird Cake with Maple glazed Apple
- Chinese Roast Duck and Noodle Salad
- Beef and Glass Noodle Salad
- Spicy Fun See Noodle Salad
- Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
- Hot Pumpkin, Spinach and Lentil Curry
- Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
- Hot Chilli Beef Pho
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Chicken Panang Curry
- Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
- Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Lime Cakes with Chilli Lemongrass Syrup
- Chilli Prawns with Garlic
- Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Mung Bean Vermicelli With Lamb and Peanuts
- Hot Chilli Chicken Burgers
- Crying Tiger
- Curried Chilli Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Black Grape Chilli Sorbet
- Noodles With Chilli Beef
- Grilled Chilli Tiger Prawns
- Noodel Nest Filled With Barbequed Pork
- Pancit Canton
- Baby Squid Stuffed WIth Pork and Vermicelli Noodles
- Passion fruit Blancmange
- Ma Po Tofu With Noodles
- Noodles and Crab Omelette
- Double Chilli Chocolate Biscotti
- Chilli Vegetable Kebabs
- Spicy Pork and Couscous Salad
- Spicy Lamb Kebabs with Chilli Apple Chutney
- Chilli Chicken Laksa